We’ve put together these five simple steps to best cleanse and preserve your swimsuit/bikini:
- Cold hand wash in mild soap to remove chlorine or salt from garment.
- It is preferable to wash separately light color bikinis from dark ones.
- It is advisable to rinse the garment after each use at the beach or pool.
- Dry it outdoors but in the shadow. The ideal is to lie your swimsuit or bikini flat and dry it completely before storing it, so it does not lose elasticity.
- Do not use fabric softeners. Do not wring, soak or bleach. Do not tumble dry, iron or dry clean. Drip dry in shade. Do not leave rolled up wet. Chlorine, spa baths, tanning products, sunscreen and oils can cause damage or mark garments – avoid contact and rinse immediately. Avoid contact with rough surfaces to prevent pulls in fabric.